Monday, June 8, 2009

A Brave Woman

I recently became aware of Heather Thompson, a domestic violence survivor. Heather has been in the national news recently because her ex-husband, who nearly killed her, was recently released from prison. Heather fears for her safety and the safety of her 17 and 19 year old daughters. The batterer made threats to kill all of them while he was in prison. That added 5 years to his sentence, but he is now out and about.

As some of you know, I volunteer at a domestic violence shelter and also recently took a mom/baby from the shelter into our home. They have been with us over six weeks now. I think we all need to do what we can to help those affected by domestic violence. To that end, I sent Heather two TASER C2's and accessories so that she could better protect herself and her family. Heather is an amazingly strong woman and she will be on the MSNBC show, Today, on Tuesday, June 9th. I hope you'll watch.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    It is good to see you here and so sorry about the circumstances. I will be thinking about this lady and her daughters and praying for them. How is the mom and baby doing? I hope they are adjusting fine and getting on their feet too. You are doing both of these women a service that is so important for their safety. God bless you girl. I try to help where I can too. It is the least we can do.

    Love and Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete